Friday, January 29, 2010

Natural Disasters Make Great Photo Opportunities!

Went to Wendy’s for supper this evening. Parked the car, and noticed how full the parking lot was. Most of the tables in the restaurant were full.

So, went in, and there was none other than Joe Preston, Wendy’s owner, and our Federal Member of Parliament, standing in front of a television camera. Off to the side was Steve Peters, our Provincial Member of Parliament. There were St. Thomas Police Officers and St. Thomas Fire Fighters, all in full uniform.

The Canadian Red Cross was there, doing a fundraiser for the Haiti earthquake. I really wanted to donate, but thankfully, my Federal Government has already committed my hard earned tax dollars towards the Haiti earthquake, without even consulting me.

It’s good to know that this Government, who uses my hard earned tax dollars to kill babies while they are inside their mothers, can also give my money to help people in the Haiti earthquake.

No comments:

Post a Comment